Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Sonntag, 28. Juni 2009

Joern's Birthday!

Joern's 35th birthday was on the 27th of May. We had a very quiet celebration with my in-laws, because I had to work until 8 pm, and because we were headed to Italy that weekend to celebrate.
We met my in-laws in Nuertingen at a wonderful little Greek restaurant for dinner. Afterwards, we came home, and Joern got to dig in to his birthday cake, Paula Deen's caramel cake. It was by far, the easiest cake experience I have ever had- maybe because it was my 5th year of making the cake!

Joern's present from me was a meat slicer for his very precious Parma Prosciutto.
I am excited to see what this year has in store for Joern.
Oh, and even though its been almost a month, Happy Birthday again Joern. The celebration shouldn't stop :) I love you!

Keine Kommentare: