Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Sonntag, 11. April 2010

Quick post, more later

Joern and I just got home from my friend Mandy's wedding. It was such a beautiful wedding, and Mandy and Doug are such a beautiful couple!
The past few days have been quite busy. Friday, was filled with shopping in Stuttgart. Then, I was able to meet up with Mandy, her other two bridesmaids, mom, mother-in-law, and a few friends for coffee and cake. On Friday night, they held a Friends and Family dinner in a brewery restaurant in Boeblingen.
Yesterday morning, I left the house at 8:30 am, for a morning of beauty.
The wedding took place at the Schloss Weitenburg, a beautiful castle.
The wedding was amazing, Mandy planned everything so wonderfully. Here's the best, sadly, picture I have with the whole wedding party:

Even though its blurry, you can see what a pretty color green our dresses were. They were from JCrew and were silk. The cut was surprisingly flattering, and were perfect for springtime. The bouquets were also incredibly beautiful,

They really popped against our green dresses.
The ceremony was beautiful and quite emotional. Mandy and Doug wrote the entire ceremony.
The reception was lots of fun, good food, beautiful cake, and lots of dancing.
This morning, we met up with a lot of the guests, and joined Doug and Mandy for a tour of Hohenzollern Castle, in Hechingen.

Keine Kommentare: