Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Samstag, 11. September 2010

9 years

Today is September 11.  It seems hard to believe that 9 years ago today, the unthinkable happened.  Our world was rocked.  I think this day sparked a deep change in thinking of every person. Some positive changes have been made as a result, like more awareness and more security measures.  Sadly, most changes in activity and thought have been marred by hate and misunderstanding.  Sad on so many levels.  This year seems sparked with especially hateful and especially controversial activities. 

But, my question for the day is, what do you do to honor those who lost their lives 9 years ago today?  How do you remember?

Keine Kommentare: