Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Mittwoch, 20. Oktober 2010

All By Myself

Despite all the weird things that go on in my life, I have to say that I am a pretty spoiled girl.  Appealing to my only child sensibilities, I love the fact that Joern rarely has to travel for business.  Since we've been together such a long time now, I have developed a pretty happy routine at home, and Joern is almost always here at night.  Probably because I have never lived alone, I am not used to the times when Joern isn't here.  Well, I bet by now you can guess where this post is headed.  Yup, Joern is in Hong Kong for a few days.  I'm glad, he'll already be home on Sunday, so we're down two days, and have 3 more to go. 
This trip comes at a time which I wouldn't say is the best.  I'm still home from work, but at least I am finally feeling better.  So, I figured that one thing that I can do to help pass the time is by cooking foods that I love, that Joern won't really eat. :)
Last night, I had the most delicious piece of salmon, cooked in a garlic white wine sauce.  Amazing!
Tonight, shrimp stir-fry with brown rice.  Delish!

Tomorrow is a goat cheese salad.

Dinner certainly doesn't take the place of Joern, but I certainly have to say that my dinners are adding a little luxury to my being alone.



Keine Kommentare: