Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Freitag, 23. Dezember 2011

I'm 3 weeks old today!

Today is a funny day for me, one with mixed emotions.  Only a few short weeks ago, Joern and I walked into the Women's Clinic in Stuttgart, and set a date for my c-section.  Today was the day I was supposed to have had my baby.
Instead, we have a 3 week old.  We have a 12 day hospital stay behind us, and our first full week at home is also past.  We're starting to learn more about Erbse's personality, and we just had a big discussion today about how much Ryan has grown.  Erbse doesn't look like a newborn anymore, his chubby cheeks, while still chubby, have slimmed down a bit, and when he opens his eyes, they are wide and taking in everything.  It is incredible that our baby has changed so much in such a short time, and it is a funny realization to make on the day when he was scheduled to be born.

I have mixed emotions because I wouldn't change a thing, but I also know that things would be different had Erbse decided to stay in until today.  Of course, how different is something we'll never know.  It just wasn't in the cards for Erbse to be born today. 

I am so proud of my little boy, for overcoming his problems with eating early on.  He is growing like a weed and eating like one of those guys at the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest.  And of course, he is so adorable. 

So happy 3rd week Erbse!  Your Daddy and I love you so very much and can't wait to see what the next 3 weeks bring!

1 Kommentar:

gruberstoni hat gesagt…

Er ist soooo goldig, wie kann er nur schon so groß aussehen. Genießt jede Minute die Zeit rast so schnell vorbei :(. Hoffe ihr habt schon ein bißchen ruhigere Nächte mit eurem kleinen Christkind. Wir wünschen eurer kleinen Familie Frohe Weihnachten Alles liebe von den Grubis