Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Mittwoch, 26. September 2012

Month by Month Ryan, Month 2

Our little boy changed quite a bit between January and February, it was a very exciting time!

We rang in the New Year with a special visitor from America, Mommy's Aunt Karen.  We always knew Ryan was a special guy, but to have your aunt come visit you from the States, and well, that shows just how loved this little guy really is.  Aunt Karen arrived on Ryan's 1 month birthday, and it was Ryan's first trip to the airport.

Ryan loved having Aunt Karen here.  It was nice for him to have lots of extra attention, and Mommy felt relaxed and happy.

While Aunt Karen was visiting, Ryan also went on his first trip to Stuttgart.  We went on a cold and rainy night, so there is no official proof that Ryan was ever in Stuttgart on a cold, damp night in January, but we do have a picture of him right before we left the house.
As I said, Ryan really enjoyed the extra company and all the extra attention.  I think it prompted him to start growing!  When Aunt Karen arrived, Ryan was still wearing newborn clothes (yes, at one month old,)

And during Aunt Karen's 10 day visit, I noticed that we were having problems getting Ryan's feet into the sleepers, and that well, he couldn't quite stretch his legs properly in his sleepers.  By the time Aunt Karen left, Ryan was already much bigger:

After Aunt Karen left, things were pretty quiet here, but Ryan grew and grew and changed every day.
Ryan started looking at everything with really huge eyes
He spent lots of time playing on his playmat:
And really enjoyed watching, and trying to catch, the birds above his bouncy chair:

Of course, Ryan spent some time sleeping as well.  Little ones sleep pretty well over the day!
As Mommy and Daddy felt more comfortable bundling Ryan up, and as Ryan started to get a little extra insulation, we also took lots of walks in January.
Ryan also got to know his hometown better, as we took lots of walks through Neckartailfingen.
But for Mommy and Daddy, the best part of Month #2 was our cuddly little man!


Ryan grew so much in January.  He was really like a newborn at the beginning of the month, and by the end of the month, he was all baby!  



It was an exciting month, as Ryan became more and more aware that there was a world out there.  Its funny to me now to look back at Ryan at one month old, and think of all the thoughts, worries, fears, and questions running through my head at the time.   It kind of makes me laugh at myself at the time, I worried about so much.  But now that I look at the pictures and think back, everything was fine.  Ryan was, as he is now, just an absolutely perfect, wonderful little boy!  

Keine Kommentare: