Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Mittwoch, 3. Oktober 2012

Accepting a challenge

I admit, I was a so-so blogger before Ryan was born.  Okay, not even so-so.  But, after he was born, I entered into a the great blogging void.  Its sad really.  I know I enjoy blogging.  And I also know that it will be a wonderful record of our little life one day.  Yet, when Ryan was born, I found a million other things to do besides blog.  You know, cuddling,changing and washing diapers, cuddling, making food, cuddling, getting dressed, cuddling, all came before blogging.
I really want to get back into my blog though.  I'm proud of myself for keeping up with my monthly Ryan reviews for the past three weeks.  Three weeks may seem puny to you, but when I see the gaping holes in this blog, where Ryan jumps from 3 months to 6 months is pretty bad.  I decided to search for ways to get myself back here on a more consistent basis, which is where A Grande Life's blog and her October photo challenge come into the story.

I just started reading A Grande Life yesterday, and really like it.  I've noticed the old blogs that I used to read just aren't cutting it for me anymore.  Although I'm still the same Allison as ever, my interests have evolved.  I like to view myself as the new and improved Allison.  I'm moving a bit away from travel blogs towards more mom and home blogs, which is why this blog appeals to me.

But, I noticed that she issued a photo challenge for the month of October.  A photo challenge would be great for me and my little blogging life. In order to complete the challenge, I will  take one photo a day, and publish it somewhere, like here.

Oh, I'm behind by 2 days since I just found the blog.  But here I go, wish me luck!

Keine Kommentare: