Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Sonntag, 17. Februar 2008

Happy Belated Valentine's Day

Since I just got a new camera on Wednesday, I was able to capture some momentos of our Valentine's Day celebration. Unfortunately, since we didn't eat dinner until 10 pm on Valentine's Day, I didn't post immediately.
We had a wonderful Valentine's Day, made all the more special by Joern, who can be incredibly romantic :)
Our original plans were to have a quiet dinner at home, and work on our "Us Book," which was Joern's Valentine's gift last year. As we drove to work Thursday morning, Joern said, "What time is your movie (National Treasure: Book of Secrets) playing tonight?" I could not believe it! I really wanted to see the movie, and it has been playing in English for 3 weeks now, and I knew that it would not be playing much longer. And, Joern never wants to do anything after work. This was so exciting!! So, we decided to go see the movie right after work, at the Corso, which is the original version movie theater here. The best part was that we were the only people in the theater, so we had a private screening of the movie! It was so enjoyable to see Washington D.C, and we could even talk about it during the movie :)
We didn't realize that it would be so long though, the movie got out at 7:00, so we didn't get home until 8:00. When we got home, Joern gave me beautiful flowers, a heart pillow, and a heart Berliner (jelly donught.)



I made dinner. This was the first year I had not planned ahead very well, and we didn't have Filet Mignon. Instead we had a salad, steak and shallots with a red wine sauce, wild mushroom risotto, and panna cotta for desert. It was so yummy!

Wild Mushroom Risotto (Martha Stewart Living Classic Cookbook)

Steak with Shallots and Red Wine Sauce (Martha Stewart Living Classic Cookbook)

And, while we ate, we discussed plans for our Valentine's gift to each other- a weekend in Paris! We still haven't set a definite date, because I am waiting for my passport, and we might go away the week before Easter, but we will spend a romantic weekend in Paris in the not-too-distant future.
I love love!

Keine Kommentare: