Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Samstag, 2. Februar 2008

Headin down the freeway of my childhood.

Some things were inevitable growing up with my mother. You will love shopping, books, and Aretha Franklin. Who's Zoomin Who, Freeway of Love, Chain of Fools, I Knew You were Waiting for Me, these songs have woven themselves into my past, most probably in memories of driving either to or from the mall. Of course, as a young child, the thought of listening to yet another song by Aretha was torture. But as I've grown up, I've truly come to appreciate one of the most influential artists of all time.
Comes as no surprise that this morning, as I prepared for my day of cleaning, I decided that yes, indeed, a little Aretha to spice up my cleaning would do the trick.
I had to really restrain myself though, because, realizing that I had no songs by the Queen of Soul, I wanted to purchase about $50 worth of albums and songs.
Okay, well done Allison, I only downloaded about 10 songs, which I am dying to hear!
Cleaning the kitchen and the bathroom have to be more enjoyable croaking along with Aretha! (Oh yeah, I say croaking because I've had a lovely really horrible cold for two weeks now- thank you all you nose picking 4 year olds!)
Hopefully, this will carry me through the day! Tonight, we have plans with Joern's friend Ralf to go see National Treasure! Yay!

Keine Kommentare: