Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Samstag, 14. November 2009

An anniversary

Normally, we associate anniversaries with happy events. Sometimes though, an anniversary can be a heavy affair, like today. A year ago today, Joern and I spent our third day in a row at St. Vincent's with mom, and tonight, a year ago, she passed away. I planned to do a huge blog entry for today, but I think simple may be best.
I miss you mom. I miss our daily phone calls. I miss shopping with you. I miss hearing your updates on home. I miss knowing that you were always there, and that you always loved me, no matter what. I miss laughing with you. I miss your mom hugs.
If there are computers in heaven, if you are reading this, know, I miss you today, and every day.

3 Kommentare:

andrea hat gesagt…

I am sure today is a hard day, lots of thoughts being sent your way!

Holly hat gesagt…

I can only imagine how difficult today must be... thinking of you often.

Carolina Peach hat gesagt…

{{{{Hugs}}}}} to you. Thinking of you.