Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Sonntag, 29. November 2009

Thanksgiving Dinner

Last night, we had Thanksgiving dinner at school. It was actually a really nice dinner, and a really enjoyable evening, and helped with the homesickness. One of my colleagues, Heather, worked hard to transform our ordinary staff room into a beautifully decorated Thanksgiving table. There were about 20 people at the dinner, and what was so cool to me were the countries represented: Belgium, England, Germany, Mexico, Canada, America, and Zambia. This mixture is so cool to me!
We chowed down on some Thanksgiving treats, turkey included! I made sweet potato casserole, sweet potatoes with marshmallows (for Joern,) corn pudding, mashed potatoes, and Oreo truffles. I guess I was the carb person. Everything was so tasty! My friend Brenda made an amazing broccoli casserole, and my friend Heather made an incredible chocolate pecan pie with burbon. We talked about how we have adopted other people's recipes and that is something that we would not have done if we hadn't moved so far from home. My corn pudding is actually a recipe from my friend Carol, I never would have had this had I not met her. Thanksgiving dinners for expats tend to be a true example of America's mosiac of cultures, we learn about different people and their families through their traditions. It was so much fun!
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving too!

Keine Kommentare: