Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Sonntag, 14. Februar 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Since I am finally starting to feel better, I am starting to get back to myself and the real world.
On Friday, my friend Mandy called and asked if we could dog-sit for her soon-to-be stepdog, Abby. We adore Abby and always jump at the opportunity to spend some Q.T. with Abby. Plus, it is fun to pretend to be doggy parents, if only for one night.
We got Abby on Saturday afternoon, and met up with Mandy and Doug this afternoon to give her back. Even though we only had one night with Abby, we had tons of fun with her. She's a big black lab, who is just the sweetest soul. And, she loves the snow that we've had this winter. We took Abby out to the fields to let her run, and it was so much fun to watch her. I realized that Abby's pleasure was really like a small child's fascination with snow. As adults, we don't play with snow, we use it for sports, and we complain about it, but rarely do adults appreciate snow with the same wonder as kids and dogs.


Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any pictures of her many, many back flops, nor her snow beard that was oh so adorable. But it was really fun to enjoy the wonder of winter through a dog's eyes.
After we got home and cuddly, Abby found a sock. She has no shame when it comes to finding socks in people's homes, and just loves walking around with socks in her mouth. She's had 2 or 3 in her mouth at a time. Here's Abby this morning:


Even though it was sad to see her go, we did have a good time, that provided plenty of conversation for the rest of the day. And of course, my Valentine's Day gift was just wonderful, I have the best Valentine ever!

Keine Kommentare: