Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Sonntag, 23. Mai 2010

A yummy surprise!

Since Monday is a holiday here, Joern and I are having a little more relaxed weekend. Normally, Saturday is cleaning day for me and office day for Joern. With the prospect of an extra day to the weekend, Joern and I headed to Reutlingen to check out a tile store that had been recommended to us. Unfortunately, we arrived at the tile store 10 minutes before they were closing, at noon. At least we were able to set up an appointment for Friday afternoon. I'm pretty excited!
But while we were there, we decided to head in to the center, which holds a market every Saturday. I have to say, the market was wonderful. It was quite large, and they had such beautiful fruits and vegetables there. It was so nice to know that most of the produce had come fresh from the farm that morning.
We bought incredibly wonderful strawberries, fresh white asparagus, wild asparagus, beautiful mixed greens, eggs, and duck breast. Yeah, I was a little shocked at the meat too, but it was very well- stored, and all looked so wonderful.

Last night, to celebrate our fresh market finds, Joern and I had a fabulous dinner of duck, wild asparagus, and a wild mushroom risotto. Yum!


Joern told me that the city next to us, Nuertingen, also has a market every Saturday. I have to say, I am really excited to go to markets more often and try new, fresh things! Hooray!

Keine Kommentare: