Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Donnerstag, 3. Juni 2010

To Market, To Market

We went to the market in Nürtingen this past Saturday. Like that of the week before, it was such a pleasant way to spend a Saturday morning. Making things all the better, the weather was pleasant for a change. Again, we came home with some wonderful produce and meats. I love markets!






This time, we came home with some incredible strawberries, white and green asparagus, chicken, duck (again,) eggs, and purple kohlrabi. Oh, and a wonderful piece of salmon, which I poached in some white wine and served with the beautiful mixed greens we bought too at the market. Its Thursday, and we're still eating from our market purchases. Economically, it makes sense for us, because we're eating everything we buy, and not throwing much away.
We're planning on going to the market again on Saturday, and well, we'll see what we come home with! Maybe its time to purchase a Market Basket :)

Keine Kommentare: