Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Mittwoch, 7. Juli 2010

A brief "hello from the USA!"

Over the past few months, it seems free WiFi has become more popular at restaurants and coffee shops. I am so happy, because it helps a lot to have internet access in Connecticut.
Joern and I arrived in Connecticut on Monday morning, after a lovely flight on Singapore Airlines. So uneventful, and I got to watch The Bounty Hunter, with Jennifer Aniston, which was very cute. I also got to watch Slumdog Millionaire, which I have dying to see. It was moving, and very good. Wow. The movie was super for a daytime flight, when your eyes are not lolling closed every few seconds.
Since we've been home, we've been generally busy, but good busy. My aunt and cousin were nice enough to come pick us up at the airport. Despite all of our travel, I've noticed that the most lovely trips begin with a familiar face and a hug at the airport.
On Monday afternoon, we went to my stepmother's house, to hang out with my dad, stepmom and sister. It is amazing to go away for 6 months and see the change in a kid. We had a really nice afternoon.
Yesterday began with a familiar taste of the Bagel King, a New York style bagel shop- so good! We went shopping at the outlets, and then went to my aunt's house to watch the Netherlands-Uruguay soccer match. It was so nice to relax and chat with my family. I really miss them!
Last night, we enjoyed food from one of our new favorite restaurants- a Turkish restaurant in Bridgeport. Yes, I know you can get Turkish food all over Germany, but not with the uniquely American twist. Plus the food is out of this world, and Joern made fast friends with the ower, who used to live very close to us in Germany. Small world!
Today is a day of getting things done, and then Germany plays Spain this afternoon. I'm sure it will be a nail-biter, but I'm sure it will be lots of fun!

1 Kommentar:

Holly hat gesagt…

Glad you're having a great time in the US! Enjoy :)