Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Sonntag, 14. November 2010

Thinking of you, Mom

It seems hard to believe that two years ago, I said "goodbye" to you, Mom.  Two years ago, we had just been discussing you moving here to Germany.  I remember how excited you were when Joern and I discussed that it would be best if you would move here.  And that was our last conversation. Its amazing to me how much I miss you.  Not a day goes by that I don't think of you, and I still miss your daily phone calls.  I went through a really tough time a few weeks ago, and often thought of how badly I wanted to talk to you.  Some days, I still struggle with the unfairness of it all, but I know that you are with Jerry, and I know that you are happy.
Please don't worry about me, Mom.  I am fine.  I know you were watching over me while I had my surgery, thank you for looking out for me.
I love you and miss you.
Allison 

Keine Kommentare: