Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Sonntag, 27. April 2008

How crazy amazing technology is!!

Right now, I am sitting at the Paris airport using my very tiny, pink Eee PC (tiny laptop) to write my blog.
I have used the internet in airports before, and it has been really cool. But, it was always, pay at the machine, buy a ticket, sit down at a desktop compter (that everyone has access to) and use up your time.
But with the wonders of Wi-Fi, I am sitting here, with my own computer. I was able to pay using the internet, so no tickets, nothing. If I use this service more often, there is a flat rate. Depends on how much time I will be using such services. The super cool thing though is that by allowing me to use my computer, even though I am traveling, I feel closer to home.

My trip so far has been enjoyable. Marcel even came to the airport to say bye to me. When I got to the airport, I had the coolest experience. One of the students from the other junior kindergarten class was there with her family. She's one of the adorable Japanese kids, and she is a super - hugger. So not only did I get hugs from Joern this morning, but also from one of the sweetest little girls in the world! It made me very happy, yet also made me realize how much I am going to miss my life during the next month.
My flight on Air France to Paris was uneventful, which is really the best kind of flight. Better yet, I got to see the Eiffel Tower as we were approaching the airport. Amazing, since I've flown in and out of Paris many times, and have never seen the Eiffel Tower from the air before. Sadly, I didn't have my camera out. Hopefully, I'll be treated to a repeat performance when Joern and I travel to Paris in June :)

...I planned on publishing this post immediately, but somehow my internet froze, and I lost my last 5 minutes.
After giving up on the crazy cool, not yet perfect, technology, I decided to do something that is always perfect - shopping :) I wish I were going back to Germany now, I would have bought a great assortment of cheeses. Maybe I'll remember to purchase it next month. Or maybe that great bag from Longchamps - hmmm...
I decided to buy some French home magazines though, and I am so excited to take a look at them! I may not be able to understand a word, but does that really matter? Most home magazines are worth it for the pictures anyway. The French are well known for their style, maybe I can incorporate some of it into our home -whenever we get there!

Keine Kommentare: