Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Samstag, 28. März 2009

Planning

I have been busy the past few weeks planning our Easter break travel. Since Good Friday and Easter Monday are holidays here, meaning everything is close, Joern suggested we go somewhere for my week off. It started with Rome. I have been dying to go to Rome, and since my friend Emily just returned from there, I have been even more excited about visiting the historical city. But, the further along I got with the planning, we realized that Rome would be far too busy at Easter. We really need a relaxing trip. So, we put off Rome for the four day weekend that just happens to coincide with my birthday this year. Not too shabby to spend my 30th birthday in Rome!
Instead, we have decided to stay in the Emilia-Romagna area, often refered to as the "Gourmet Belly" of Italy. We'll be in Parma for two days, where we'll be visiting a Parmagiano Reggiano cheese factory, a Parma prosciutto factory, and possibly also a balsamic vinegar factory. We'll also head to Bologna for two days, where we will enjoy some more delicious foods, as well as the magical city of Bologna.
From Bologna, we'll be making a stop in Imola, the site of a Formula One race, and then on to Ravenna for a night or two.
We'll leave from work on Thursday the 9th, and should be in Parma by 11 pm. I am so excited for our relaxing and enchanting trip! Now, just to make it through 9 more days of work!

3 Kommentare:

Nell and Pat Abroad hat gesagt…

Fun! I am so jealous. I've been dying to go to rome. Did you get good plane tickets?

Emily hat gesagt…

Congratulations! Sounds like you have several fantastic trips lined up. Italy never disappoints... I'm already envious for all of that delicious food.

JoernandAllison hat gesagt…

Nell- We're actually driving since DH is a bit afraid of flying. And no worries, I have full confidence you'll get to Rome one day :)

Emily- I've already printed off all your blog entries for Rome. I'm really excited for both our Easter break and my b-day!