Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Samstag, 21. März 2009

Where I've been

I opened up my blog this morning to link to my blog friends, so that I could catch up. Then, I saw the most shocking thing, I have not updated my blog since March 9th! That was almost a month ago! Oy!
Well, the major reason for no updates is really because I've been busy. But, I realize that I could talk about my busy crazines on my blog too.
On February 25th, I restarted my teaching certification course. So far, I like it, but there is a lot of work. I am actually almost finished with my first unit on classroom management. There are so many common sense things in this unit, yet somehow, I think they are lost in most classrooms. I hope that I can remember what I've learned, and apply some of it when I am a teacher.
Besides lots of reading and notetaking, and assignments, I've been in the throes of a cold that will simply not go away. I can't wait for the stuffy nose and headache to be gone, and hope my energy level will increase when I can breathe again!
The good news is that our classroom worm, who eats an apple a day, just ate apple number 120 on Friday. This means that there are only 60 days more of school! That is really very few, and with breaks coming up and the sun coming out FINALLY, the rest of the year is going to go by really quickly! Hooray!

Keine Kommentare: