Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Montag, 2. März 2009

Maultaschen

We had Maultaschen for dinner tonight. Funny that I have never mentioned one of my favorite German foods before, but now's better than never I guess.
Maultaschen, or "muzzle bags," are actually Swabian, but they are now sold all over Germany. They are similar in concept to ravioli, but usually larger and most often filled with ground pork,spinach, and spices. I love Maultaschen! You can serve them many different ways, in a broth, sliced and pan-roasted, or with baked with butter and onions. They are delicious in all different forms!
Tonight's variation was cooked in broth. Yum!

Please excuse the stars in the soup, Jörn used a chicken and stars soup.
Maultaschen are especially yummy fresh from a butcher, like ours, or homemade. We made them once with Jörn's Oma. It was such a special experience, and I wish we had taken pictures as a memory. But at least we know her recipe now, and one day, we'll make yummy Maultaschen on our own!

1 Kommentar:

Carolina Peach hat gesagt…

Yumm! I love vegetarian Maultaschen, but I don´t get to have them very often. Now my mouth is watering.