Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Freitag, 13. August 2010

My cooking desire

I guess we ate out too much when we were home, and then spent the past few weeks eating Vesper (the German answer to dinner, veggies and bread and deli meats.) Or maybe I can feel fall coming. Whatever it is, I find myself longing for good, homecooked food.
Besides spending my last week of freedom visiting friends and more house plans, I want to cook!
I want to make pasta sauce and hummus. I would also like to make more foods that can be frozen, like the pasta sauce. When I made pasta sauce last year, it lasted us a good 4 months, and so yummy!
So, I am scouring the internet while I watch the Gilmore Girls, looking for yummy, summer-produce recipes. I am hoping to talk Joern into going to the market tomorrow, for some yummy fruits and veggies.
I'll post with my market finds and of course, I'll post my creations!

Keine Kommentare: