Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Sonntag, 29. August 2010

Tuesday in the Cape

We headed out to Nauset Beach on Tuesday morning. Another cool thing about Orleans is that because it is so centrally located, it also has ocean-side beaches and bay-side beaches. Joern and I both loved spending time at the ocean in Rockport, so we decided to spend the morning at the ocean-side beach.
We had a great time, but left when the fog rolled in.



After buying some lotion and aloe gel, we decided to check out Skaket Beach, which is the beach on Cape Cod Bay. I was so happy too that we got there at low tide. I really wanted to see a Cape Cod Bay beach low tide.




We spent the entire day between two beaches. It was lots of fun. For dinner, we headed out on Route 6A, the street that runs the entire length of the Cape. Joern saw a barbeque restaurant in Wellfleet.. Joern loves barbeque, so we couldn't turn away.
Joern loved his dinner, a ribeye steak with garlic smashed potatoes.

I still regret my choice, a terryaki glazed wood-plank grilled salmon. Way too sweet-bleh! Fortunately, my Maine wild blueberry ale more than made up for the meal.
After dinner, it was another ride. This time, we found ourselves at Nauset Light Beach, in Eastham. It had been a cloudy and rainy evening, but we were not disappointed by the sunset that evening either.


Afterwards, we headed over to Coast  Guard Beach, also in Eastham.


A full day at the beach was tiring, and we were a little sunburned.  So, after our little ride, we headed back to the hotel.  Of course, we decided to stop off for an ice cream first at the Ice Cream Cafe!

Keine Kommentare: