Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Montag, 20. Juni 2011

Rounding out the first trimester

Today is an exciting day!  Tomorrow, I'm 12 weeks!  This means I am thisclose to the end of the first trimester- already! 

So far, I have been pretty okay.  I noticed that I am more tired over the past few weeks, and am looking forward to my second trimester energy boost!  I have recently also been having some cramps.  I talked with my aunt, and did some reading, and cramping is kind of normal at 12 weeks.  It turns out that everything is really growing, and pulling on everything inside my body. 

As far as food goes, I've been eating watermelon like its going out of style.  Oh and peaches, I am so happy that peaches are starting to come into season.  I figure you can't really go wrong with peaches and watermelon though!

I'm starting to realize that I'm growing a little baby bump!  My stomach has never been the flatest to begin with, but over the past few days, it is getting much rounder, and although I still don't look pregnant, I definately look different!

We are going to the doctor next week Wednesday for our NT scan.  This was an optional test, and we decided to do it, not out of concern over Down Syndrome, but because it provides a really early look at the spine and the organs, so that we know if there is a problem.  I had blood work already at our last appointment for the NT scan, so now, we're just waiting until next week for the results.

Oh, something exciting happened today:  I got to work and checked my email, and my maternity leave cover was advertised internally today.  Wow!  I never knew what an exciting feeling it would be to see your own job advertised, because it is such an exciting thought to be on maternity leave!  I spoke with my principal today, and he would like me to come to the staff meeting on Wednesday and make an announcement (kind of like closing the stall door after the horse escapes, as the whole staff read the email today, and it listed my position and the location- which would leave only my friend Iris, or myself, as the pregnant one.)  Oh well!  And then I asked him about letting the parents know.  He said that I should tell the parents myself.  So, I talked about it with my colleagues, and we decided that I would announce at the beginning of our end of year party on Wednesday.  So, Wednesday is a day of big announcements at work!

Keine Kommentare: