Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Freitag, 24. Juni 2011

So close, I can taste it

Summer break begins exactly one week from today.  This year especially, I am itching to get out!
Its gearing up to be a busy summer here at Casa del Roesner.  My cousin and her friend Carla are due in any day, the last stop on their whirlwind 7 weeks in Europe.  Of course, it would be more wonderful if I were not working all next week, and didn't have a "goodbye" dinner on Tuesday night and a end of year after school party on Wednesday, but no way out of that stuff.  The good news though is that we'll be able to spend evenings together, they'll have their freedom, and we can look forward to exciting German traveling the first week of July. 
My cousin leaves on the 10th of July, and I am trying to convince dear Joern that I cannot live without spending a few days in Italy, lounging on the beach, and taking a few dips in the Adriatic.  We'll see how this works out.
I also am in the process of booking my ticket home for the summer.  I really wish Joern could come with me, but we're not in the greatest position to travel right now, you know, witt the house being built and all.  But, I am probably going to be home for about 4 weeks.  I am so looking forward to hanging out with my dad, my sister, my aunt, and my cousin (the one who will be here very soon.)  I have lots of shopping to do too! 
I can imagine that following my trip home, my final summer weeks in Germany will be spent packing, and wracking my brains about final decisions on the house. 
Fill the in-betweens with some doctor's appointments, and hopefully, quite a few books, and I have just completed my eight week summer vacation.  It goes so quick!

Keine Kommentare: