Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Mittwoch, 28. September 2011

How far along? 26 weeks


*Total weight gain: 8 lbs.
*How big is baby?: Our Little Pea is the still size of an eggplant!






Let your spouse put an ear to your belly -- he might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat (no stethoscope required). Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. Baby's also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes.


*Maternity clothes? Pretty much everything

*Sleep? I would say 90% good. 

*Best moment this week?:  Making it to double digits until my due date!  As of today, its 97 days until Erbse Day!  That and Joern FINALLY felt a real, strong kick!  Hooray!


*Movement?: Lots and lots of movement!  Erbse has been kicking really strong the past few days, and now, my stomach moves when he kicks hard. It is so cool, even though it does seem like something out of a movie about aliens!


*Food cravings?: not really craving anything

*Labor signs?: Too early!

*Belly button in or out?: My scar from my surgery is now halfway inside and halfway outside.  There isn't much more belly button left there.

*What I miss: Coffee

*What I'm looking forward to: More kicks from my little guy, my upcoming doctor's appointment in two weeks. 

*Milestone: Most definitely hitting double digits!  I know that time will really fly anyway.  I just checked the calendar for October, and was shocked to see that Oct. 10th is already two weeks away!

*Other Erbse related news:  Erbse and I had a brief sick-leave last week, due to a case of scarlet fever at work.  We enjoyed our time home though, if I wasn't busy with the laundry and packing, I was sitting on the couch staring at my stomach.  Its amazing how interesting it can be to watch your stomach bulge out :)  I also ordered Erbse's mattress over the weekend.  The only thing I have left to order for the container is the changing pad, and then Erbse's room will be all ordered.  Wahoo!  I only have to wait till October 13th for the chair to be delivered, and shipment is on the 26th of October. 
I also found a ton of pop / rock based lullabies on I-Tunes.  Erbse and I now are enjoying lullaby versions of Coldplay and Eternal Flame, by the Bangles.  He seems to especially enjoy "Eternal Flame," and "Clocks."  He kicks quite a bit when I sing :)

Keine Kommentare: