Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Dienstag, 4. Oktober 2011

27 weeks!

How far along?: 27 weeks




*Total weight gain: about 10 lbs.
*How big is baby?: The baby is still the size of an eggplant



 *Maternity clothes?: I've been wearing a few non-maternity t-shirts lately, because it is so warm here, and I don't have that many maternity T's.  But, they make me look even bigger, and I feel much more comfy in my maternity clothes.

*Sleep?:  Pretty good.  But, if I roll too far over onto a side, then I get a pretty bad cramp pretty quickly.  And of course, Erbse kicks pretty good when I roll over too far too :)

*Best moment this week?: Reaching the third trimester!  That and when Joern definitely felt Erbse kicking, quite a few times!

*Movement?: Lots and lots!  He is managing to kick up under my ribs and probably punch down below my belly button at the same time.  Lots of kicks also end up in a little bulge in my belly.  I can stare at my stomach for hours now waiting for Erbse to move :)



*Food cravings?: milk

*Labor signs?: Too early!

*Belly button in or out?: Popping out on the edges.

*What I miss: being able to bend over without being in pain

*What I'm looking forward to: doctor's appointment next week

*Milestone: Third trimester!  We only have three months to go!



*Other Erbse related news:  I have to send in my documents for the shipping company, and Erbse's furnitre is set to leave my stepmother's house on the 26th of October.  I'm pretty sure Erbse will be here before his bedroom, but he doesn't really need his bedroom immediately.  I have tons and tons of clothes now, both gifts and very gently used clothes from moms at school.  I have washed everything, and am in the process of packing by age / size.  This weekend WILL be shopping weekend- we desperately need to look at strollers and car seats!

Keine Kommentare: