Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Sonntag, 30. Oktober 2011

30 weeks

How far along?  30 weeks





Total weight gain: now around 11 lbs.

How big is baby?
Our "Little Pea" is now the size of a head of cabbage.
30 weeks: Baby weighs as much as a large cabbageYour baby rivals a good-size cabbage in weight, tipping the scales this week at 3 pounds. (Length: about 15 3/4 inches, head to heel.)
Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

From www.babycenter.com

Maternity clothes:  My maternity jeans, that I once praised for comfort, are now starting to stretch too much during the day.  I spend my days now running around, pulling up my pants.  I'm looking forward to a week break, during which time I will be sporting only my yoga pants! 
Sleep:  Alright.  I still am having trouble going back to sleep if I wake up during the night, but its okay.  I am having some crazy dreams though!

Best moment this week?:  Reaching 30 weeks!  I can count the number of weeks left until my due date on my fingers!  Oh my gosh!

Movement?:  Erbse has now gotten to punching one side of my stomach and kicking the other side.  That and he has found a new, very comfy to him position, where he stretches out what feels like at a 90° angle to my stomach.  I am assuming he puts his back against my stomach, becasue I have a long hard spot, and presses really hard against my stomach.  It is so cute that he is comfy in there, but it such a horribly uncomfortable position for me!

Food cravings?:  Philly cheesesteak, thanks to my friend, Carol.

Labor signs?:  Fortunately still none.

Belly button in or out?: A shallowie, but it pops out if I press on the sides of my belly button.

What I miss?:  Coffee still and salami.  I blame Joern for the salami, he had some the other night and it really looked yummy!

What I'm looking forward to?: My last monthly doctor's appointment next week.

Milestone?: Reaching the 30 week marker!

Other Erbse related news: 
The nursery continues to evolve.  Joern is working on the baseboard, which look fantastic against the blue walls and wood floors in the room. 

Keine Kommentare: