Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Donnerstag, 6. Oktober 2011

On naming a baby

Its no secret that Joern and I are having a lot of difficulty finding a name for our Little Erbse.  Today though, I probably got some of the best baby naming advice of all time.
One of my students from 3 school years prior was in the library today after work.  Oh yeah, I work in the library now, I'll have to write more about that later, now I'm talking about the serious work of naming a kid.  So, this girl who is now a fourth grader, was asking me a bunch of questions about the baby.  She asked me about the baby's sex, so I told her that we're having a boy.  She said that it was good to find out the sex so that you can start shopping before baby comes.  I agreed, but then added that for me, I am very glad that we know we're having a boy because we only need to choose a boy name, and that's stressful enough.  The student responded by saying, "well it shouldn't be that hard, I named both of my rabbits with just a little help from my mom."

So there you have it, I guess it should be pretty easy if I want to name the baby either "Floppy," or "Misty."  Apparently, I shouldn't stress about this name decision!

Keine Kommentare: