Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Sonntag, 25. März 2012

My Fluffy Butt Part 2

Today is Saturday, which means that Ryan and I have officially been involved in our "Great Cloth Diaper Experiment" for a week now.  I have mixed emotions about the whole thing.  The beginning of the week was really rough, I must admit.  We had lots of leaks.  When we didn't have leaks, I had Ryan's diapers way too tight, and the poor baby had these huge indentations and red welts all over his legs and waist.  I almost admitted defeat.  But, it turns out, you need to have patience.  Like with anything that seems difficult, you have to stick with your beliefs.  My belief is that disposables are not the best for Ryan right now, so I want to stick with cloth. 
Yesterday seemed to be a turning point, and all of a sudden, we went the entire day with only one small leak, near a leg, after 4 hours.  Today, the same.  But it was my fault, we messed up nap time, and Ryan was in his diaper for a long time, but only a little leak out one of the legs. 
I will write another post about the brands, what I like, and what doesn't seem to work so well.  But for now, I'll leave you with my happy baby, in all his fluffy cuteness :)

Keine Kommentare: