Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Donnerstag, 1. März 2012

Things loved in February

Is it possible that February is already gone?  I feel like I spent the majority of the month awake at night, trying to find sleep whenever possible, and laying on the couch being a "human pillow." 
But, I was still able to find a few things that I fell in love with.

Yves St Laruent- Touche Eclat

                       As it turns out, when you have a baby, you stop sleeping.  If you don't sleep for a longer time, you start to look like it.  This really helps with brightening up my face, so that I don't look, well, like a zombie.


Alcina Rich Anti-Age cream
   This is the embarassing thing.  I got my hair cut this month.  It was a desperate situation.  But, while I was there, my hairdresser mentioned that my skin seemed a bit dry.  I knew "a bit," was a huge  understatement, as the skin under my eyes was bright red, and hurt horrifically.  It got really embarassing though when she offered me an enzyme peel and moisturizing treatment "on the house."  My hairdresser kept saying that good skin is really important, and that I looked so tired!  On the way out, I asked if I could purchase a moistrizer, as I knew I needed a face cream.  She handed me this anti-age cream, and without a second thought, I purchased it.  When I got home, I read the box, it is supposed to be for "mature skin," which tends towards the over 40 crowd.  Fantastic!  I look 10 years older!  But, I love the face cream, it is so rich and not greasy, and feels like heaven on my dry cheeks. 

Facebook
   I am a member of a moms group on Facebook.  It is amazing!  The women are so kind and supportive and it is a huge help to go through this new mom thing with 193 other fantastic women.  I would be lost without them!

Fleece footie sleepers

    They do not sell fleece footie sleepers here.  I don't know what Germans do!  In the country where one must bundle their child beyond belief, I haven't figured out how people cover baby feet at night.  Ryan's feet get cold if they are bare in his sleep sack, so I really love footie sleepers! Ryan was lucky enough to have had one in newborn sized and one 3 month sized,. and we have a few terry hand-me downs.  I would be lost, and Ryan's feet would freeze without his footie sleepers!

The USA
  On the last day of February, which happened to be a Leap Year, my little one became a US citizen.  Joern stopped in front of the Connecticut flag in the US embassy in Frankfurt, and softly hummed the Star Spangled Banner in Ryan's ear.  The country may be frought with problems right now, but it is my home, and I am so excited that I can share being a part of this country with my son!





Keine Kommentare: