Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Montag, 12. März 2012

Poor Baby

Ryan made it three months before getting his first cold, but we're now in the throes of stuffy nose and cough.  Poor little guy!  I first noticed the cough on Saturday, and hoped it would get better.  Instead, by this morning, he turned into a congested, wheezing, hacking mess.  So, off to the doctor, who we haven't visited in a whole week, we went.
After looking in Ryan's nose, ears, throat, and eyes, the diagnosis is that he has a stuffy nose which is causing his problems.  I've now learned that as only nose breathers, a stuffy nose is a miserable thing in a baby.  According to the doctor, it is no great virus or horriffic illness, but a stuffy nose in baby world can be as hard on a little one as a great virus.  We left the doctor's office with a rental inhalation machine for a saline solution, nose drops, strict orders to keep Ryan upright as much as possible, and one totally done little boy.
Feel better, Little Man.  Mommy and Daddy love you very much!

Keine Kommentare: