Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Samstag, 5. Januar 2008

A big welcome

To the newest member of our family, "The Five Series"



Joern officially decided that the Mercedes, which has been a constant companion to Joern for the past 4 years, was using too much fuel. Also, beginning in April, all diesel engine cars will be required to have a particle filter in order to drive into Stuttgart. Without this filter, after April 1st, Joern would not be able to get to many of his customers in Stuttgart, and he would be unable to drive me to work- even though I am thinking positively and will have my license by then anyway :)

In all seriousness though, we love the new car. Okay, it's not new new, but gently used. We have spent the past few days driving around, with the seat heating on, listening to the beautiful purr that only a BMW has. Since it is a standard, sadly, I will never be able to drive The Five Series, but being a simple passenger is quite a pleasure :)

The Five Series will never replace the Mercedes in our hearts, but it will help to fill a void left by the sale of the Mercedes (namely, the transportation void.)

What an exciting way for Joern to return to work for 2008!!

Keine Kommentare: