Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Sonntag, 9. März 2008

One week from today...

While poor Joern is working hard today at a purchasing fair for one of the big grocery store chains here, I am enjoying my last cup of coffee before my major cleaning day. But, while I sit here, I am dreaming of next Sunday, when we will depart for our wonderful trip.

Aahh, next Sunday evening at 5, we'll be departing for Mallorca. I am so excited! We have neverspent a full week on the island. Of course, it isn't warm enough to go swimming in the sea, butnevermind. There is so much to do. We've booked our rental car so that we can spend our days leisurely exploring the coastline as well as inland.
We're also excited because this is the first time we haven't booked a hotel with half-board, instead, we'll only be having breakfast at the hotel. This option seems better as there are many restaurants we would love to try, as well as lots of great food to try in the grocery stores. Half-board can be so frustrating because you feel like you must eat dinner in the hotel. Sadly, the hotel buffets rarely include Malorquin specialties, as the food caters to the tastes of the mostly German toursits- the food is often good, but not special at all.

Shopping is another thing I am dying to do. Last year, since I was not working, I could not indulge in one of my favorite past-times when on the island. I am looking forward to purchasing some great pottery, maybe some olive products, and am tempted to check out the Majorica pearls factory outlet!

For today though, I have to keep my daydreams at a minimum, and work hard on the apartment. I want to have it completely sparkly by Thursday night, so that Friday we can start our vacation completely relaxed!

Keine Kommentare: