Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Donnerstag, 19. Februar 2009

4x4 Meme

I wasn't formally tagged, but read this in Emily's blog. It is quite simple to do, and this is why I stole the idea. Open your photo folder on your computer. Then, open the fourth folder and then the fourth picture.
Here's what I found:

Don't ask me how the photo got in the America folder, there must have been some filing error (Joern was the filer.) But the picture is from Garmisch-Partenkirchen, in southern Bavaria. We went there two years ago to meet up with my best friend from high school, Erica, and her husband and daughter.
At the time, Erica had been living in England, and was in Garmisch for work. That was one of the best time periods of my 20s, as Erica and I had lost touch after high school. I think this was the second time we got together. It was so much fun to be able to go to such a beautiful place, and meet one of the most important people in my life.

Despite the looks on our faces, we had a fab overnight. We even attempted to go up the Zugspitze, the highest point in Germany. Unfortunately, it was very foggy that day, and there was no chance that it would be worth the ridiculous charge to reach the top. But, we still had a lovely time visiting, and Erica's daughter was nothing but fun and cuteness the whole trip.
Erica is actually pregnant with twins right now, and due in a few months. I am so excited for their family, and seeing this picture, made me smile.

Keine Kommentare: