Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Dienstag, 24. Februar 2009

Last night's movie selection

Last night, while flipping through the channels, Jörn stopped on the Heimatkanal. This channel is dedicated to all shows and movies old-fashioned and German. Jörn's grandma especially likes this channel, as it brings back so many memories for her. Jörn and I like to watch it for a different reason, it usually makes you giggle a little.
The selection last night, "Zwei Bayern im Urwald," or "Two Bavarians in Africa." It had to be set in the 50's and was of course, about two Bavarians who were trying out new lives in Africa. Okay, the coolest part was that they were planning on brewing Bavarian beer in Africa. We only watched for a few minutes but we enjoyed the fact that they were going to call their beer AlligatorBrau :) But my favorite quote was from a young man to his girlfriend, "my beer isn't working out well. Your father will never let you marry me if I can't brew good beer."
Lesson to be learned- Jörn should be happy that my dad is not Bavarian.

www.new-video.de

Keine Kommentare: