I don't normally post my resolutions, because I am not the best at keeping them. This year, instead of setting some hugely lofty goals that will not be met, you know, like losing 50 pounds, I am keeping it simple this year. If I do something huge, it is a plus, if not, then I am just happy to have made simple goals that I can stick with.
1. Read a book once a month. I love reading, but tend to read during school breaks. It is nice, but that leaves me usually bookless in February, May, September, October, and November. Joern and I are actually on our way to Ikea today, and I am going to search for a solution to a light so that I can do some reading in bed. I love reading in bed, but Joern has control of our bedside light, so I have to have the light out before Joern is asleep otherwise I'd have to climb over him to wake him up. Maybe finding a solution with a light would help me to keep up with my reading goal.
2. Have a date night once a month. Not like a huge date night, and it doesn't need to be on Saturday. But, once a month, we should do something a bit out of the ordinary. And no, picking up Chinese take-out doesn't count, unless it is accompanied by a movie.
3. Take walks. I don't want to commit to a five day a week walking schedule, but something want to get outside and get walking.
4. Probably the most lofty of all goals- a cleaning schedule. I currently don't have a cleaning schedule, but it works in our tiny apartment. I can go a few days without really cleaning, although dishes are a daily thing, and the apartment manages well. But, we are looking at moving into over 200 sq. ft within the next 6 or so months. There is no way I can keep up with that without having some sort of a schedule. This is my way of forming a habit that we will bring into our new home.
5. Post more often. I managed 55 posts on this blog in the past year, which comes out to roughly once a week, but it was not a consistent once a week. In my perfect 2011, I would post at least once a week. I need to realize that just because I think my life is rather dull, doesn't mean that it isn't blogable.
Well, there you have it. With this post, I have already worked towards goal #5, I have a post for this week, and I will have a post at the end of the year, when I review my goals.
If you have resolutions, I wish you all the best in keeping them!