Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Sonntag, 21. September 2008

Hooray for relaxed weekends!

We have had a really low-key weekend. Joern is in the middle of a big project at work, which required him to work a few late nights last week. I also had parent's night on Wednesday, and stayed at work the other nights while Joern was working. Plus, I am studying like mad for my driver's license test. Needless to say, last week was really busy. So, we enjoyed a relaxing weekend.
Last night, we went to my friend Mandy's engagement party. It was a lot of fun to see Mandy and her fiance, Doug, plus, I got to see a lot of old colleagues. Mandy's get-togethers are always lots of fun. We also celebrated Marcel's birthday, which was yesterday, at the party. It was really nice. I made a devil's food cake with seven-minute vanilla frosting. Sadly, I can't find my camera, so I have no pictures of the party and cake.
At Mandy's, I picked up a few recent orders. I am so excited to have received:
-my Kate Spade bag!!!! (which is glorious!)
-my very first school book, The Light in their Eyes, about mulitcultural learning communities (which I find very fitting for my job)
- a Germany and a Prague travel guide!
- and Joern's huge order of 80's DVD's.

I've already set up my new bag. It is not only beautiful, but turned out to be HUGE! So, it will be useful for work and traveling. And, I've been pouring over the Prague book, since it looks like we will be in Prague now the last week of October. I also have been flipping through the Germany book. I know it seems odd to have a travel guide of your home, but I think it will give us some good weekend trip ideas.
Best of all, today was 80's movie marathon. So far, we've watched, License to Drive, Like Father Like Son, and The Lost Boys. Germans are famous for reminiscing, so our 80's movie collection seems just the thing for Joern. As for me, I haven't seen many of the 80's movies that everyone has seen, so I am finally catching up with my generation's pop-culture.

Keine Kommentare: