Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Dienstag, 9. September 2008

Success!

I received an email today that I was accepted into the October cohort of the Florida TeacherReady program! In nine months, I will have completed the program, and will be well on my way to receiving teaching certification in the State of Florida! All this really means, is, technically, I should be certified by the end of the summer!
No more of this assistant business.

I also am going through the application process to get my driver's license. I am now so thankful that we didn't do too much about the license in the past 2 years, because effective 1 October (and retroactively in my case,) people holding a valid US license since before 2001 will only ever be required to take the theoretical driver's exam. No practical exam, and even more wonderful, no driving hours. In all, it is about a 1000 Euro savings. I will bring my application to the Rathaus (town hall,) on Thursday morning. I should receive the study materials for the exam in about a week, and in about 3 weeks, I should be ready to take my test! I am so excited to finally get my driver's license, and a large piece of my independence!

Looks like its time to break open a bottle of non-alcoholic bubbly!

image from www.rotkaeppchensekt.com

3 Kommentare:

Emily hat gesagt…

Major causes for celebration! How exciting! Congratulations Allison - it looks like you will have a busy year, but a very rewarding one.

JoernandAllison hat gesagt…

Thank you Emily!!

Caitlin hat gesagt…

Congrats!! And good luck with the driving license!

Of course you can link to my blog - I have linked to you and never asked! oops!