Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Freitag, 5. September 2008

Triumph!

Well, its all behind me now. My first week of school, that is.
Okay, here is the truth, we have a tough group. Every day is positively draining. We have lots of behavior problems. We also have lots of kids who speak little to no English. We have kids who came from a German kindergarten, which means that they have had no prior school experience (German kindergarten is most often a daycare stressing learning through unstructured play.) We also have a few serious behavioral problems, requiring a behavioral contract. Oh, that and the kid who doesn't understand English, and hasn't spoken in 3 years anyway.

That being said, I love the vast majority of them. They tire me to my last bit of energy. They are whiny, touchy, crying, snotty, and certainly annoying. But, when I look into their faces, I see the little person in each of them, and hope that I can help them to become the best they can be. I must be insane!!

But overall, I learned a lot over the week. I think it will be a great year, once the kids get used to being in school. I even got flowers today from one of the moms.

I've decided that I will reward myself for a job well done and a week survived by buying a new bag. I desperately need a new black bag, and am bouncing back and forth between Coach and Kate Spade. I also need a colored bag, but am not sure that a purple or pink bag should be a huge splurge, considering that it may not be in style next year. As soon as I make my decision though, and my purchase, I'll be sure to pass on the news!

1 Kommentar:

Nell and Pat Abroad hat gesagt…

I actually have a website i use often to download tv shows I like called surfthechannel.com. I plan to rely on that if I can. The slingbox sounds a little complicated due to the fact that depending on my parents to do anything technological is not a good idea! I am going to try to stick to the website, which you should check out if you have any shows you miss, and if it doesn't work in Prague for any reason I'll start looking at other options. Thanks for the tip though, I love having such a nice group of girls to go to who going through some of the same things I will!