Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Montag, 22. August 2011

Baby shopping a'la home

One of the things I did while I was home over the past two weeks was to do some baby shopping.  It was so much fun!  I bought clothes at Target and Babies R'Us, and set up my Babies R' Us registry with my aunt and cousin, Elizabeth.  I even returned to Babies R'Us the day before I left. 
I have a few confessions:  baby clothes are super cute, and I want to buy them all; and baby items are equally cute (minus breast pumps,) leaving me to again, want to buy everything!
I bought some adorable clothes:



I also received a few gifts already from my stepmom:

The blanket fit perfectly with my decision to go with a nautical theme for the nursery.  I figured that since the water is such a big part of me, and sadly, little Erbse will not be infused with salt water the way I am, I don't mind giving him as much sea as I can.

So, this is the nursery bedding that I bought:
Obviously, I did not buy the crib, but quilt gives you a good idea of the bedding. 
It is the Ahoy Mate collection.  I fell in love with the fact that
it was nautical, but had monkeys :)  I love monkeys too :)
I bought the matching mobile too:

I also bought a pack n'play for Germany:


And, I bought a very cool convertible bouncy seat for my dad's house. 
I really liked the fact that the seat converts to a rocking chair for toddlers.  I figured that it would be nice for the Erbse to have a nice seat for the Erbse at Dad's house, but usually, they are only for newborns, which would mean that Erbse would get to use it one trip.  This way, the Erbse can have his special chair at Grandpa's house for a few years.

Today, I plan on completing my nursery furniture purchase.  I am purchasing the crib and changing table from the Larkin Collection at Pottery Barn Kids.  Both the crib and changing table are convertible to regular pieces of furnitre.  The crib turns into a toddler bed and later, into a double bed headboard.  The changing table has a removable lip, so that it can be used as a dresser.
I also am ordering the Charleston Upholstered Convertible Rocker and Ottoman, again from Pottery Barn Kids.  I love the fact that you can take the rockers off and put legs on when a rocker is no longer necessary. 

Of course, this is just the beginning of Erbse shopping.  But, I do feel like we have a good start!

Keine Kommentare: