Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Mittwoch, 31. August 2011

22 weeks

How far along?: 22 weeks





*Total weight gain: still 7 lbs.
*How big is baby?: The baby is the size of a papaya

Watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.  From: www.thebump.com

 *Maternity clothes?: I wore my new maternity dress today.  So many complements!  I love it!

*Sleep?:  Still tossing and turning quite a bit, but pretty much well rested.

*Best moment this week?:  Feeling the Erbse kicks from outside.  Now, if only Joern was patient enough to feel too!

*Movement?: Erbse made his presence known to me quite a few times at work this week.  It was so hard not to giggle when Erbse wiggled around while the director of the school directed his "welcome back" speech.
*Food cravings?: fruit, veggies,  macaroni & cheese

*Labor signs?: Too early!

*Belly button in or out?: Still an innie, and still rather painful!

*What I miss: sleeping on my right side

*What I'm looking forward to: more Erbse kicks!

*Milestone: We're in to month 5 now. 

*Other Erbse related news:  Still no name.  We can't land on one that we are both in love with.  We met with my friend, Mandy, on Friday at the Stuttgart Weindorf.  She asked if she could host a baby shower!  I was certain that I would not have a baby shower here with all of my friends.  I am soooo excited!

Keine Kommentare: