Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Montag, 22. August 2011

Dear Little Erbse

Dear Little Erbse,
Tonight is the last night of Week 20, or the last night of the halfway point.  I cannot believe that we have been together for 20 weeks already, and can't even begin to imagine how quickly the next 20 weeks will fly.  We have been through a lot together already. I am conviced that you are already a well traveled baby, having now gone to Hong Kong, Italy, and home all before you were halfway grown.  You even pulled through my cold like a champ.  When we saw you squirming around on the ultrasound screen on Friday, stuffing that little thumb in your mouth, your Daddy and I fell more in love, and are already so very proud of you!  We were so excited when the doctor confirmed that you are a boy, and I can't even begin to imagine how much fun it will be raising our son. 

We have a lot to look forward to in the upcoming 20 weeks, Little Guy.  Fall is coming up, and you will be expericing lots of different tastes, because Mommy loves pumpkin!  Our next 20 weeks will be calmer in terms of travel, we'll be staying here in Germany most of the time, but that will only help you grow bigger and stronger.  We promise to decide on a name for you over the next 20 weeks.  While your Daddy and I both love Erbse, you may not be happy with that decision when you're older.
We will also be moving into our new house in the upcoming 20 weeks.  Your room will come together, and hopefully, be finished before you arrive.  But, most of the memories we will have in our new house will include you, Little Erbse. Its already hard to imagine life without you.

Most importantly though, in 20, or so, weeks, we will be meeting you Little Erbse.  I can't wait to hold you, to see your little face, and to hear your little cry.  Your Daddy and I hope that we will be good parents to you, we're already trying hard. 

So, Erbse, here is to the next 20 weeks.  We're standing on top of the hill now, and we'll start walking down slowly, but I'm sure we'll be running by the end.
We love you so much,
Mommy and Daddy

Keine Kommentare: