Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Dienstag, 5. Juli 2011

9 weeks 4 days

We're anxiously awaiting our next appointment with the OB.  We're both so very hopeful that everything is okay with the little Erbse.  And I am hoping to see the Erbse again.
In terms of symptoms, I am still pretty okay.  I am sometimes a little crampy, and have been having shooting pains in my womanly bits lately.  But otherwise, I feel good.  I am hoping this means that things are all going well. 
I have learned that pregnancy is a lot of waiting, and a lot of wondering.  It must have been really difficult in the past, no ultrasounds.  You needed to have a lot of faith. 
It is a frustrating time to be pregnant though in Germany.  There is a serious outbreak of E Coli here, that is very dangerous.  Unfortunately, it has been 2 weeks now, and the researchers and doctors have still not found the cause, and are warning people not to eat fresh vegetables.  Ugh!  Just the time when I want to eat especially healthy.  Sheesh! 
I am also missing cheese.  As it stands now, my plan is to gorge on soft cheeses after the Erbse comes.  I miss Camembert, blues, and a wide variety of other unpasteurized cheeses.  Who needs to lament over alcohol when you can miss cheese?!

Well, that is pretty much the update from here.  I do believe that if things go well at the doctor on Monday, then we'll become quite a bit more baby-focused.  Looking forward to Monday!

Keine Kommentare: