Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Donnerstag, 1. Mai 2008

It's May Day!

If I were in Germany right now, Joern and I would be enjoying the day off together. We would have slept late, had a great breakfast, played a round of Mario Kart, and then maybe go out for coffee or a walk.

But, I'm in Fairfield. And I miss Joern a lot. Last night, I bought a bunch of "I miss you," cards, and will start sending them to him. It can be so sad to be separated for such a long time.

I went to CVS last night (the drugstore,) and expected to find tons of incredible things there. Turns out, I was pretty disappointed. I wanted my brands of stuff, which slowly but surely, are becoming German and not American brands. I was equally unimpressed at the grocery store two days ago. Sure, I was excited to have my bagels, but where was my white asparagus? If someone had told me 5 years ago, that one day, my life would be firmly planted in Germany, I would have laughed. I would have explained that although Germany is ok, there is no place like home. After 6 years there though, it is turning out that Germany is home. Of course, I love to drive through my old town, which is so rich with memories. And of course, I do enjoy being with my family. But as far as daily living goes, I really enjoy our little home in little Neckartailfingen.

I guess it amazing how time can change you.

Keine Kommentare: