Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Montag, 11. August 2008

Finally, Home Part I

I will split my trip back home in July into four parts: Connecticut; Boston; Salem and Cape Ann, Massachusetts; and Vermont. This is easiest, as that kind of describes the trip. Part I, this post, is about home, Connecticut.
I had a wonderful time in Connectcut, visiting friends and family. I was home from June 29th to July 28th, minus one week traveling to Masachusetts (Part II and III) and Vermont (Part Iv.)
I got to spend a lot of time with my parents and my Aunt and cousins during my first week home. Of course, I did a lot of shopping too, there were incredible sales!! My aunt had a gigantic cook-out, and I was able to try out my recipe for Silent Shade Blueberry Cobbler from Martha Hall Foose. The cook-out was a lot of fun, and I got to see a lot of family members. Plus, because I worked for a semester at the OB-GYN office where my aunt works, I was able to see many old colleagues as well. It was really fun!
I also went to the Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk with my aunt and cousin, Elizabeth. We enjoyed watching the seals, white alligator and the river otters. Elizabeth even touched a few sting-rays in a touch tank. After the day at the aquarium, we stopped by my aunt's office for a lunch. The lunch was a pizza lunch made fresh by The Big Green Truck Pizza. We enjoyed delicious fresh-baked pizzas and enjoyed lots of good company.
My mom and I went to see Mamma Mia, the movie event of the summer. All in all, it was an enjoyable, light-hearted film. Remembering that it was really a musical made the light story eaiser to deal with. The setting, in Greece, was glorious, and the music and dancing were pure fun!
I was also fortunate to be able to get to some Connecticut sporting events. Joern and I went to see the Bridgeport Bluefish play the Newark Bears. Bluefish stadium is one of those wonderful, family oriented, relaxed places that you can enjoy the game of baseball without major-league prices and nose-bleed seats.

We also went to two nights of car racing with my dad, the big racing fan. Joern and I went with my dad one Friday night to Stafford Springs raceway. It was a great night of racing and the weather was superb! I also went with my dad to the Waterford Speedbowl's Saturday night racing series. We got to see two main events of SK modifieds, as well as the Legends series, which are miniature sized pre- World War II cars. Lots of fun!
My father, sister, and I also went to a car show. It was great to see all the old-timer cars.
All in all, a great celebration of Americana and of course, a wonderful month with my family!

*I can't find the camera card right now with most of my pictures from home. Hopefully, I will find it, and post more pictures soon!

Keine Kommentare: