Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Sonntag, 3. August 2008

A bit overwhelmed, more to come

Well, I am finally back home. I flew back to the States two days after school got out. It was supposed to be really the day after school was finished for the year, but Air France had to cancel my flight to Paris, and they rescheduled me to the following day. And although it may seem like this was an inconvenience, I was so relieved to have a day to collect my thoughts and pack before the trip.
The day I was supposed to travel, Joern and I went to his aunt's house to celebrate her birthday. I was really happy to have been able to go to her birthday party, as we truly do not get to see her enough.

I arrived home on June 28th, and I was home for a month. Joern flew over on July 11th and spent two weeks with me. We had an incredible time traveling in New England. Lots of time was spent at the beach.


We traveled to Boston, Salem, and Cape Ann, Massachusetts.



We also traveled to Stowe, Vermont.



And I can't forget, I spent a lot of time with my family.



Of course we did much more, but I am a bit overwhelmed right now deciding how to write about the trip (my Eee PC was only as useful as my lack of internet.) Plus, I have to wade through 1200 photos of the trip!


I arrived back in Germany on Tuesday, July 29th, and we were already off again on Wednesday morning. I went to work with Joern, and he decided to go to some of the customers located farther from home, which allowed us to stay overnight on Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday, we made our way to the Swiss border, and went to France for groceries and dinner.


Thursday, we went to the Black Forest, and spent some time swimming in the Schluchsee, a clear mountain lake.


We got back late Friday night.

It is nice to be home now, I can catch up with my blogging, photographs, and of course, my laundry. I guess I have lots to do with my last three weeks of summer break!

1 Kommentar:

Holly hat gesagt…

So glad you had such a great time in New England. It must have been so great to see your family and friends again. Enjoy the remaining weeks of your summer!