Welcome to our life!

Hi, I'm Allison! I'm a thirtysomething, freshly baked, stay-at-home mom. I'm originally from Connecticut, now living in Germany, hence the name of the blog. I live in southern Germany with my German husband and our baby boy. Life has turned out to be nothing I ever expected, and am so incredibly happy with it! We certainly do have a lot of laughs! I hope you will enjoy following our new experiences raising a little half American/ half German in a little German town.

Sonntag, 24. August 2008

Outside my window

I spent the entire day thinking about how to fashion my "last post of Summer 2008" post. While scrubbing the corners of the rooms, mopping the floors, and schlepping the last loads of laundry up and down the stairs, I thought, "how can I best capture the spirit of my summer?"
As I finished the floors, I walked back to my bedroom, and this is what I saw outside the window:




Okay, it is not totally uncommon to see one or two hot-air balloons fly by our windows, although usually not so close. As we watched the Ritter Sport balloon lower periously close to our neighborhood, we ran to the front window to see where it would land. Here's what we saw outside our front skylight:




What a perfect way to sum up my wonderful, relaxing, travel-heavy summer break. I'd imagine that this summer was like flying in a balloon. It wasn't until the sun set that my feet, ready for new challenges, touched the ground.

Keine Kommentare: